“Designers may be the true intellectuals of the future.” – Paola Antonelli
22 Graphic Design Statistics for 2022
Graphic Design + Marketing
- 73% of businesses invest in design to help their brand stand out against the competition.
- In the last four years, infographics have made the biggest leap in content usage for B2B marketers.
- 51% of B2B digital marketers find visual assets to be important for content marketing.
- Brands have a very short amount of time to make a strong first impression. Visual appeal can be assessed in about 50 milliseconds.
- The human brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than words!
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- 40% of people respond better to visual information than text-only.
- Standing out right from the start with graphic design is imperative. People make a subconscious judgment about a product within 90 seconds of initially viewing it, and up to 90% of that assessment is based on color alone.
- Visual dimension is the #1 influencing factor that affects the purchasing decision for 92.6% of people.
Color in Graphic Design
- The right color can improve readership by 40% by making messaging easier to read and more visually appealing. Color is one of the first things our brains recognize from a brand, so it’s often the first thing that grabs our attention.
- Humans are able to process and store images that are in color better than those that are black and white. Color helps us remember images, and consequently brand logos.
- A study by the Malaysian Journal of Medical Science discovered that “color has the potential to increase the chances of environmental stimuli to be encoded, stored, and retrieved successfully.”
- For 46.1% of people, a website’s design is the top criterion for determining the company’s credibility. Overall, 75% of your website’s credibility is related to design.
- According to Neil Patel, 42% of online shoppers base their opinion of a website based on the overall design alone, and 52% of shoppers will not return if the overall aesthetics are not up to par.
- Website design is imperative for catching consumers’ attention. 94% of first impressions are related to your website’s design.
- User experience is incredibly important for website design. When you invest in user experience through a site that is beautiful and functional, you earn a $100 return for every $1 spent.
- Consumers care about the appearance of your website. 66% of people want to look at a beautifully designed website.
- The biggest design mistake businesses make is overcrowding. 85% of small businesses overcrowd their website with too many elements.
- The biggest struggle marketers face when producing engaging content is producing it consistently. Because of this, 44% of marketers found it very difficult to consistently produce visual content for their brand in 2019.
Graphic Design Trends
- According to Ryan Hayward, the designer, and founder of pitchproof, “2020 will feature brighter & bolder colors than ever before! As the value of design rises, brands are going crazier and wackier than ever with colors to attempt to stand out from the crowd.”
- Lines are a fundamental part of graphic design, and graphic design is making a return to its roots. Designs are moving toward stable geometry with a modern, futuristic look.
- Formerly, the minimalist design took hold. Now, there is a growing need to offer a more personalized connection through design.
If It Looks Good, Then It Feels Good.
Good design is at the heart of everything we do. In today’s world, if your logo, website, or brochure does not have an appealing aesthetic it will not get the attention it deserves. We’re here to help make sure that every touchpoint you have with a customer stays on brand and looks good while doing it.