Who doesn’t love checking out the most recent PPC marketing statistics? So let’s get into it!
Ads are everywhere.
Did you know that the average internet user is exposed to 4,000-10,000 ads daily?
Yes, tailored organic and paid content is everywhere, just waiting to guide our next action. Of course, the hope is that these ads are tailored to provide users with only content that is relevant to their needs and wants.
For us marketers, our goal is to create and place ads in a way that ultimately increases brand recognition, loyalty, and ROI without driving the consumer crazy with advertising over-stimulation. Here are 22 PPC marketing statistics marketers should be aware of when crafting their 2022 strategy.
PPC Marketing Statistics for 2022
PPC & Brand Awareness
- Ads can boost brand awareness by 80%.
- Mobile ads can increase brand awareness by 46%.
- Customers are 155% more likely to search for brand-specific terms when exposed to display ads.
- In 2020, 93% of Americans used the internet to find local businesses.
- 70% of consumers say it’s important to include directions and a call button in ads.
- 51% of Generation Z use ad blockers.
PPC & Search Engines
- Google controls more than 92% of the global search engine market.
- Google holds 92% of PPC traffic.
- Google delivers an 8:1 return on investment.
- $10-$50 is the recommended daily budget for a Google Ads campaign
- However, Bing has a low average CPC – just $1.54.
- 94% of users skip search ads and go straight to organic results.
- PPC traffic converts 50% better than organic traffic.
Users who click on PPC ads on Google are 50% more likely to make a purchase than those that come to the same website through organic results.
- If you stop adjusting and investing in a PPC campaign, your traffic will fall to zero.
- 70% of U.S. search ad impressions are on mobile devices.
PPC & Social Media
- LinkedIn controls 14.6% of the PPC ads market share. (Here’s an opportunity for B2B’s.)
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired customers through LinkedIn ads.
- 92% of Instagram users followed a brand, clicked on their website, or made a purchase on the platform.
- 84% of Instagram users are open to discovering local/small businesses or new products.
- 32% of advertisers say that video is the most effective social ad format, followed by image ads at 26%, Instagram Stories at 23%, and carousel ads at 19%.
- Only 4% of social marketers in the U.S. are using TikTok.
Measure Your Spends Reach
PPC marketing statistics change every day. No matter what your business objective is, running effective ad campaigns on any platform takes a lot more than words, pictures, and a budget. Beyond our Google Ads certifications, we’re experts in running ads on Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, Bing and a whole host of other platforms. Let us find where the biggest opportunities are and run with them.